Friday, December 4, 2009

GAIL GOODRICH SUPERSTAR





After writing about Allen Iverson re-signing with the 76'ers  and old friend of mine was curious why I haven't written about my all time favorite player Gail Goodrich. I wondered the same thing and it got me thinking about all the great little guys in NBA history. Bob Cousy, Calvin Murphy, Nate Archibald, John Stockton and Isaiah Thomas to name a few. But in my eyes Goodrich is one of the all time great little guys. Most people do not know that he was inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame in 1996. He's a five time NBA All-Star, one time NBA Champion, two time NCAA All-American and won two NCAA titles with UCLA




Because I grew up playing basketball in Los Angeles just like Gail did, I might be a little biased, but there is no denying how great he really was. He was one of my two sports idols growing up (the other was Jerry West). Gail was told at every level that he was too short and too skinny to compete-just like me.
He was quick, had great fundamentals and could really shoot the ball-just like me. He went on to an illustrious Hall of Fame NBA career. Just like me...in my head. His dedication and strong work ethic has truly motivated me in basketball and throughout life.

Thanks IR for reminding me!

Here are a few clips and other links I found on Gail.





No comments:

Post a Comment